Friday, January 28, 2011

Shop Critique Friday - Toxic Daisy



Located in Greenville, South Carolina.

Toxic Daisy can be found online at both their etsy shop.

While shopping for a men's necklace for a gift this Christmas, I came across this shop. It had exactly what I was looking for with the gift recipient in mind.

1. This shop features different types of hemp jewelry at different rates of cost . ***** 5 stars for customer appeal.

2. Photos were simple, clear, and focused around the product. ***** 5 stars for best of show.

3. Shop owner contacted me to let me know when my order was received and would be shipped along with an extra gift.  ***4 stars for customer service (5*****'s if the gift included would have been a sample from the shop or promotional instead of commercial related.)

4. I was notified when the product had shipped. ****4 stars for shipping notice. (5 *****'s if we would have been given the USPS tracking number at time of notice).

5. As seen in this photo, the necklace was beautifully handcrafted. Necklace was placed in a protective bag  is ready for it's new owner. **** 4 stars for packaging. (5*****'s if it would have arrived in a box, necklace bag, or type of unique packaging relating to the item.



6. Necklace was shipped in a size appropriate box.  Sent First Class and within a week after purchase.  **** 4 stars for shipping. (see number 5 comments above).

7. Follow-up. After item was received, positive feedback was left for the shop owner. Ordinarily I would wait to see if there was any follow-up from the shop checking to see if the item was 1. received, 2. satisfactory, and 3. feedback left.  3***'s for follow-up

8. When of the first things I check out before purchasing from a shop for their profile. It tells us about the shop and the owner. I was quite comfortable with the etsy profile for this shop. *****5 stars.

9. The second thing I check before confirming a purchase is the shop's policy. Very straight forward and easy to read. **** 5 stars.

10. Lastly, I was a little disappointed that this particular shop didn't have a blog or site featuring works, or creative process. Personally, I like being able to read about a seller's process of creation, and since this shop owner mentions world travel and art in their profile, I was curious to read about the place they'd been and the art which inspires them. :( no stars for blog/website.

Overall, I would recommend Toxic Daisy to a friend. Am I most likely to return and purchase again? Probably not, only because what I purchased was a gift and the recipient was allergic to the hemp cord and can't wear the gift.

But just don't take my word for it,  what do you think? What do you like about this shop and it's website? What, if any, improvements would you suggest to the owner?

A special thanks to Deidree at Toxic Daisy for her shop and appearing in today's shop critique Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...