Friday, July 3, 2015

SDCWC Writer's Retreat 2015


This past week, I escaped my usual routines to journey to Grove City, PA for the annual Saint Davids Christian Writers Conference.
I have had the privilege of serving on the board for the Saint Davids Christian Writers Association for the past six years. I go to serve.
Seven years ago, I attended my first writers' conference at St. Davids. In the evening of the Literary Coffeehouse (now known as ‘Got Talent Night’), I listened to may talented authors reading poems and pieces from their books. At the time all I could think of was one day being able to stand up and do the same.
Seven years is a long time.
While I listened to most starting from the first page of their books, I started from that first moment when Sarah and Michael meet in Forgotten Reins. You know the moment, it’s in Chapter nine. And if you don’t, then I encourage you to read it.
This week, I was also blessed to have been invited to sit on website/ blogging and social media panels with well-known authors such as Bob Hostetler, Cindy Sproles, David Fessends, Tracey Michea’l Lewis Giggets, and Jeanette Windell.

Please believe me when I tell you that when I tell you this is the “happiest conference on earth” it really is.
This week was both exhausting and exhilarating. The friendships I have made over the years and the people I have met have been invaluable to me.
Here I am with fellow critique partners and authors Roberta Brosius and Sue Fairchild.
e again.
May your week be blessed by the people you share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...