Monday, March 12, 2018

My 10 Goals for 2018



In January,  I shared with you my word for the new year in 2018 is FAMILY. It really had me thinking not only what I wished to focus on this year but what I want to accomplish. I don’t know about you, but I feel like setting goals helps me to focus. Keeping my theme of putting family first, I choose goals for this year to promote making time for what is most important.
Personal Goals
1.     Read 50 books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.)
2.     Spend time doing something with each one of my kids at least once a week.
3.     Write 5k words a week.
Marriage Goal
4.     Take that trip to Italy without the kids we’ve been dreaming of for almost 20 years.
5.     Once a month date night.
Family Goals
6.     Weekly family game night.
7.     Family Camping Trip.
Financial Goals
8.     Save up and have the deck replaced on the back of our new house. (we dipped into the replacement fund when my minivan got totaled because a truck rear-ended us one night on our way home a few months ago.)
Business Goals
9.     Increase sales from my Etsy shop by 10%.
Writing Goals
10. Write 3 books this year.
Money Saving Mom, shared an article this month of her own 2018 goals and habits. I found this very inspiring and I really appreciated her habit of daily “coffee dates” with her spouse and going offline after the kids come home from school.
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. We’ll see.
This year I want to get my family in the habit of turning off their electronic devices more and spending time interacting with each other.  How? Video Game time is earned time by getting homework done, reading more, and getting chores done so video games can be played on weekends. Other devices, will be active between after school and supper (3pm – 5pm) and only if homework is done.
It will be hard at first, but my kids aren’t the only ones who are going to adjust to new habits. At 9pm the devices and video games end for the adults too. In the mornings, we’ll have breakfast date to start our day off on the right page.
Like any good intentions, it takes support of others to accomplish your goals, so I’ll be giving updates and encouragement throughout the year.
What are your goals for this year? How can I help inspire and encourage you to accomplish them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...