Saturday, September 3, 2011

Simmering Into September



In the past few weeks I've entered into a complete new world. I used to just sit and work on my craft inside the comforts of my home. Then I took my laptop to the library or a coffee shop.  My hand made books started over running the dinning room and I moved to a new spot in the house to become claustrophobic in the midst of my own papers and materials.

Then I recently found a super place called The Pajama Factory. I know call it home to my creative side. And, I've now become a part of the staff!

Last evening, I attended first Friday at the Pajama Factory and it was a beautiful art show filled with almost two dozen photographers and they're works. I was breathless by the time I made my way through all the studios and  hallways. Not from walking around the building, but the different perspectives of the artwork and their photographers.

The one thing that also caught my eye was the prices. Who could resist not knowing how much a piece of art cost right?

In the following posts we're going to start talking about pricing our crafts for sell. Who do you determine your price? Where do you go to meet your market? And is it really a calculation or a guessing game?

Here in September, I'm moving to weekly postings on this blog. Most likely Friday's, as I'm ankle deep into a new novel draft, working at the Pajama Factory, and stitching handmade books in between.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to post them below, I'll address them promptly as I can. I'm so excited about having my own space away from home dedicated to my work.

Where do you find yourself most productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...