Friday, October 25, 2019

Preparing For The Fall Season



Goodbye daisies. Hello, sunflowers!
Sunflowers are my favorite. If I could I’d plant an entire field of them behind my house. Maybe someday when I’ve got my own farm. I haven’t been able to convince my family the advantage of growing sunflowers and harvesting the seeds.
Usually this time of year, my family is finishing up with the corn crops and preparing for the onset of cold weather. It means making sure the grain bins are filled, the hayloft is full, and the last pickings of the garden have been canned.
It’s a time for gathering.
It also means raking up the leaves and putting out the autumn welcome signs.

It’s baking zucchini bread to freeze for a rainy day and pumpkin rolls for Sunday morning tea in the house my dad built. It’s hanging at the grange fair to catch up with extended family and high school classmates.
It’s swapping, sharing, and connecting our resources, time, and fellowship because this time of year calls for us to start slowing down and preparing for the long dark days ahead as the season changes.
We always have so much to do, I for one am always trying to get ahead for those moments when I can step back and just breath, admire and be appreciative of a time that can never be taken back.
TWEETABLE
Share your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...