Friday, October 4, 2019

Stop and LIsten to the Leaves Falling



Happy October!
My favorite time is fall. Usually, it’s the perfect temperature for enjoying the outdoors. I love the colors, bold and vibrant, but also this time of year reminds me that new seasons are beginning and the ones have passed. It’s like when you’ve ridden a bike or hiked to the top of a hill and the hard part is over. You made it. Take a moment to bask in the moment. 
That’s this season.

We all have different seasons and different meanings for those seasons.
I used to think my life was busy before, but now I am color-coding my calendar and having to pencil in time to write. Yep, I have to set aside the time or it isn’t there. Welcome to responsibility and parenting. Welcome to busy. Welcome to life. 
None of them are going anywhere anytime soon, and quite frankly I wouldn’t have it any other way, but I will say that once in a while you have to stop and watch the leaves fall.
When my kids were little, we collected them, made wreaths with them and piled them up and jumped in them.
Our current house doesn’t have leaves. We had to cut down our tree over the winter due to a
storm breaking the branches and making it lean toward our house. I love the outdoors, but I don’t want it inside my living room.
What I do want and what I think we all need sometimes is to step outside and breathe. Be still for just 15 minutes and admire the world around you. Listen. You don’t have to hear anything.
When you’re busy, the world is noisy. 
Be still and know I am God. Psalm 46:10 comes to mind. 

If you’re like me, you can’t be still for long. But when I am, it’s profound. Find your moment.
Watch the leaves fall.
Now it’s your turn. How do you find time to be still and listen? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't Cancel Christmas!

  We're not having Christmas this year.  No Christmas?  Don't come home. We're not getting together. We're not celebrating t...